What does one think the tech heads mainly Tom Hanks, Steven Spielberg, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs all have in common? They all started their careers as interns!
Let’s get a closer look on what internship actually is and why one should go for it with some means.
what do you meant by Internship –
An internship allows you for the work experience offered by a corporation for a limited period of your time to a specific candidate. Once it is confined to medical graduates, these offers are used for a wide range of placements in businesses, non-profit organizations as well as corporate agencies. They are typically undertaken by graduates looking to gain relevant skills and experience in a particular field having more chances to get their selves employed. Employers get benefit from these because they frequently recruit employees from their best interns, thus saving time and money in the long run. These Internships and such offers are usually organized by any third-party organizations that schedule to recruit interns on behalf of industry groups.
Now the question arises, Why one should go for Internship ?
Here are some key points that one can have look on.
- To stand out as a recent graduate or young professional amongst thousands of others with the same qualification
- Making you more employable through skills development and knowledge
- Providing real time, relevant experience to make your resume strong
- Giving you an opportunity to trial the career you want to opt for
- Providing you the bridge to apply what you studied in university to a real workplace
- Development of your communication skills and confidence
- Giving you the prospect to find out how a business works
- Building your professional business networks
- Building your relationships or contact with a mentor to guide you and offer advice through your first professional experience.
- Providing the opportunity to gain references and endorsements.
With above mentioned points, you can go for following internships
Types of Internships –
1. Paid internships are common in professional fields. This type of internship is to expand an intern’s knowledge both in their school studies and also at the company as it builds the bridge in between these both.
2. Unpaid internships are typically through non-profit charities and think tanks which often have unpaid or volunteer positions.
3. Partially-paid internships is when students get offered with stipend. Stipend is typically a fixed amount of money that is paid out on a regular basis.
4. Insights: Many companies offer “insights” program which serve as a pre-internship event which held for a day to a week.
There are various platforms available to opt for internship in India, Here we are giving you some options for the same
Have a nice path ahead !